Sunday 5 June 2016

Following the River Vistula (Wisla)


The river is home to many waterbirds but today I wimp out and follow the main road rather than the dust track.

EuroVelo signs displaying R2 route running across mine. The European Cyclists Federation is developing sustainable cycling tourism and is funded by the European Union. In my few years of recently taking an interest I can see how the project is developing. On this journey Nederlands and Deutchland are 'leaps and bounds' ahead. You don't realise how good it is (until you reach Poland) and its gone, largely!

Churchgoers attend mass, some outside in the grounds, and this practice is most appealing. I wish I had planned to attend.

My accommodation is unusual set in a remote section of countryside. My host is making a living from b&b and food is wholesome. The building is on the edge of a Nature Reserve (or 'white' area as the Poles call it). It is a place where nature thrives. Wild boar sometimes drift out of the nature park. The view from my bedroom is beautiful.



























































2 comments:

  1. This looks ans sounds fabulous! Nobody could ever suggest you wimp out at things though. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely view from the b&b!!

    ReplyDelete