Friday 10 June 2016

Moving from Roman to Orthodox Catholicism


Nearly all Poles are Roman Catholic but at this easterly point Orthodox is coming into evidence.

Friendly Poles share a coffee with me inside their corner shop kiosk. Coffee is not easy to find in the smaller towns and I willingly accept. The guy spent time on the stage in the Shakespearean Globe Theatre in London ........... literally scrubbing it! Very nice people I was delighted to meet.

A signpost reveals the links with Bulgarian, Romanian, Belarussian and Russian (twin) towns - all formerly Soviet states!

It's beginning to feel like I am a long way from home!

3 comments:

  1. How lovely. He scrubbed the globe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he scrubbed the Globe - does that make him a "groundling"??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was more than a 'groundling' I suspect. He plays the organ in the RC church next to the kiosk 😊

    ReplyDelete